Skip to main content
Online DBT Skills and Emotional Wellness Program. Learn DBT Skills, Mindfulness, and Emotional Wellness Practices to quiet the mind, regulate your emotions, strengthen relationships, improve communication, move towards meaningful goals, and deal with difficult life problems effectively.
This platform provides a library of DBT Skills in mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation, and distress tolerance, as well as guided mindfulness meditations and yoga practices. Also receive guidance on nutrition, exercise, and health, and goal achievement strategies! Everything you need to develop a full and meaningful life!
Live stream preview
Learn how to problem solve in an effective way. Refer to the "Problem Solving Worksheet" for more guidance.
Steps for Problem Solving:
1. Describe the PROBLEM?
2. CHECK THE FACTS about the situation to make sure you have the right problem. Redefine the problem if needed to align with the facts.
3. What is a REALISTIC SHORT-TERM GOAL of problem solving the situation? What will indicate that you have made progress in moving towards your goal?
4. BRAINSTORM all solutions: Write out as many solutions and coping strategies that you can. List even solutions or coping strategies that are not ideal options. Don’t evaluate them yet!
5. Which TWO Options seem to be the most likely to meet your goal, have fewer negative consequences, and are actually possible. Then complete the pros and cons for each solution.
6. CHOOSE your best option
7. List the steps to complete the reach your goal using your selected option. Check off the steps as you complete them and describe what happened.
8. Did you achieve your GOAL? If yes, celebrate! Describe what happened.
If not, what got in the way? What are you going to do next? Do you need to try another approach? Is there an obstacle that you need to cope ahead for when you try again?